Dr. Steven Notley presents “Evidence for the New Testament Hebrew that Jesus Spoke”. The video is one hour of lecture with 15 minutes of QA afterwards.
- Hebrew was far from a dead language at the time of Jesus
- The New Testament is a window into the idioms and peculiarities of 1st century Hebrew
- Many sayings in the Gospels carry a specific Hebrew meaning obscured in the Greek manuscripts
- The Parable as a teaching methodology is uniquely Hebrew
- The use of Hebrew indicates cultural, as well as linguistic, practices in the ministry of Jesus
- Many portions of the Gospels previously considered odd or mistaken can be explained by idiomatic use of Hebrew